Invited Artist Program
Each year, the Whitehorse Artspace – in collaboration with Council’s Visual Arts Committee – selects a local artist to exhibit as part of the annual exhibition program.
The selected artist will have access to a museum-standard exhibition space for approximately one month. The artist is expected to participate in the official opening and a visitor floor talk. As part of the Invited Artists Program, the Artspace will promote the exhibition in a number of print and online communications.
The Artspace welcomes a range of proposals for exhibitions in all media including ceramics, drawing, painting, printmaking, jewellery, sculpture, photography or textiles.
The Artspace calls for applications on an annual basis from artists living, working or studying in Whitehorse. The exhibition calendar is usually finalised a year in advance. Priority is given to an exhibition proposal that best address the following selection criteria:
- Complements the diverse exhibition program
- Comprises the artist’s wholly original work
- Is of particular relevance for residents of Whitehorse
- Relates to the exhibition themes in the City of Whitehorse Art Collection Policy
- Is of a high professional standard, technically competent and is conceptually sound
- Demonstrates innovation in approach or medium.
Download the Invited Artists Application Form 2020 (695.68kB)
For more information about the Invited Artists Program, please phone the Artspace’s Senior Arts Officer/Curator Jacquie Nichols-Reeves on 9262 6250 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn about the All Nations Foyer program.